Prince Charles has been tested positive for the novel coronavirus. The Clarence House spokesperson said: “The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus.
“He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.”
His wife Camilla, 72, tested negative for the bug, with the couple now self-isolating at their home in Birkhall at Balmoral, Scotland.
It is believed Charles tested positive on Monday night, with another six members of staff now isolating with them.
They added: “In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.
“The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.
“It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”
The 71-year-old Duke of Cornwall was most recently seen at an Australian bushfire relief event on March 12. Buckingham Palace today said Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth remains in good health and last saw her son Charles on March 12.
The coronavirus COVID-19 is affecting 195 countries and territories around the world and 1 international conveyance (the Diamond Princess cruise ship harbored in Yokohama, Japan).
There are 434,978 Coronavirus Cases and 19,607 Deaths. 111,856 has been recovered so far. The trajectory of the disease has been similar in many countries, but Italy has been particularly hard hit with over 6,800 deaths, while Japan and some other East Asian countries have seen a slower spread. The US has also seen significant growth in the positive cases over the last week, NewYork being the hotspot.